The official BitTorrent client
- Takes up very little resources
- RSS, apps, and remote control
- Official client
- Lots of customization options
- Ability to rate individual torrents
- Completely free
- Nothing of note
Download any type of file
BitTorrent features a search engine to find torrent files – you can also use Bit Che as an alternative – and it incorporates RSS technology, which is used to alert the user to the presence of a new torrent online. For each torrent, the program shows the general download data and information about peers, seeds, and trackers, as well as charts on download and upload speeds.
BitTorrent offers several other features, borrowed from uTorrent, including:
- Remote Control Downloads: The software can be configured to allow you to remotely monitor your downloads via browser or via the Android app, BitTorrent Remote
- Drop files to send: dragging a file onto the interface of the program will create a link that you can then send and share with friends, which means they can immediately download the archive materials that are available.
- Apps: a downloadable plugin interface can be installed with one click, allowing you to expand the capabilities of the software.
- Speed Guide: determines the actual upload and download speed of the connection being used and automatically chooses the optimal setting in the program so that downloads are carried out as quickly as possible.
A clear and configurable interface
The interface is intuitive, well organized, and has a modern design. From the main screen, you can see the active and inactive torrents, and the completed downloads, as well as the ability to access the options menu where you can configure all of the settings at the bottom of BitTorrent.
Powerful and lightweight – one of the best pieces of P2P software
BitTorrent, like uTorrent, is among the most popular pieces of file-sharing software. It consumes few resources, doesn't weigh your PC down, and rarely freezes.
Ultimately, it's ideal for anyone who is looking for a quality torrent client that's very configurable and can be used for free P2P downloads. If you are looking for other free alternatives, we recommend you to try Vuze or FrostWire.
- Version 7.6 of BitTorrent has significant changes such as device shifting, streaming, minor UI changes, a health meter (more sophisticated than "availability" but with a simpler UI), a built-in player, remote access and other improvements. All of this is customizable and optional, and has been done while keeping the size profile of the product virtually the same!